Monday, April 16, 2012

N is for Nitetime

 Nitetime has been my favorite time of day since I was a kid on Knupple Road sneaking out the window of my "playroom" with my older cousins to run and play in the moonlight.  I feel more alive in the night air.  The crickets and frogs make a peaceful background symphony.  The air feels cool against your skin.  Anything seems possible.  Anything ugly or dirty is hidden in the dark folds of the night and all that can be clearly seen is what we wish to illuminate.  Everything is more exciting in the dark because you can't take in everything at once but have to peak between the shades of dark to discern.  Magic seems possible.  Flying feels possible.  Falling hopelessly in love becomes possible. 

Barbara

P. S. There ain't nothing like having a grandbaby! 

2 comments:

  1. Barbara--Thanks for reading my blog! This is the other side of nighttime that keeps me awake--I do love the sense of possibility! I'm afraid my kids also understand this all too well--which is why I didn't get too sleep well for almost two decades!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for finding me. I am now following back! I totally agree with the P.S. line...I have two grandsons and there is NOTHING in this world that is sweeter than those little guys. When they call my name, my heart shatters into a million pieces...sigh. Yes, totally worth raising teenagers! HA

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Come 'round any time. ~ Barbara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...