Wednesday, October 3, 2012

No, I haven't stopped blogging

I've simply been busy as a bee the past month or so.  It started with my birthday weekend (Labor Day weekend).  My sister, Edna, had the family over for a delicious supper and chocolate pie.  She really can make a crust just as flaky as the one Loretta Lynn used to make in the old Crisco commercials!  Then Bubba and Candy Girl had us down for some fried catfish.  Yum.

Another weekend Saturday was took up by the old fashioned Singing Convention at our church.  Beautiful music, wonderful fellowship and good food.

Then we spent another Saturday off at Artesian Springs near Newton, TX.  And in between everything else I've been working to put our church's bulletin online.  So, I've been otherwise preoccupied.

Do want to ask you all to be in prayer for the situation in Kountze, TX.  If you have missed hearing about it, you can read about it here.  I have posted links to Liberty Institute on both my L & F Facebook page and my @Caneyhead Twitter account.  Links in sidebar.  So far student led demonstrations of their faith have held up in the courts.  Let us keep it this way!

So, now that I've dispelled the rumors that I had moved to a remote tropical island and cut off all communications with the outside world, let me simply assure you I will be around and posting.

Barbara In Caneyhead









1 comment:

  1. Hey Barb, was just sharing that news story at a party I attended yesterday, praying they prevail. As Christians, we need to wake up and move it or we will lose it....our freedom to worship and show those beliefs openly.

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Come 'round any time. ~ Barbara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...