Saturday, May 11, 2013

Exploring Caneyhead...

...with a new gadget.  I've been blogging for over eight years now.  That means a lot of entries on this little blog of mine.  I've tried to make it easy for anyone to follow and keep up with Caneyhead.  In the sidebar, you can follow through:

                               Twitter
                               Facebook
                               Google
                               Email subscription
            

I myself, knowing well that I've done a certain entry in the past, have had a hard time finding it.  I've certainly done everything I know to do to try to make exploring Caneyhead easier. On my sidebar I  have:

    Personal Favorite Posts
    Remembering Family Posts
    A Google Search box for Caneyhead
    My Blog Archive List

In my posts I've often added labels and links.  All of this is useful in it's own way, but inadequate in others. 

During the A-Z Challenge, I noticed a number of blogs that had thumbnails of other posts similar to the one you just read at the bottom of the post.  I thought it was a neat idea, but did not follow up on it.

Then, Holly with Business 2 Blogger sent out an email in which she shared a post by Jessica, about related post plugins. Here I learned about the wonderful, free plugin that allowed these little thumbnails to appear on your blog!

I went to LinkWithin, read their FAQs sheet and gave it a whirl installing it here at Life & Faith in Caneyhead.  It was super easy, and suddenly I was finding posts I had written long ago and totally forgotten about! 

I share this with you so that you can enjoy exploring more of Caneyhead with ease, and so that if you are like I was, lost in your own blog, seeing these thumbnails and wondering about them, you can add this amazing little feature to your own blog.

  
                     

15 comments:

  1. Hey, I think your blog might be having browser compatibility issues.
    When I look at your website in Safari, it looks fine but
    when opening in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping.
    I just wanted to give you a quick heads up! Other then that, awesome blog!


    Stop by my web page; http://www.froxh.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you had issues with the blog. All I can say is that it loads fine for me in Google, Internet Explorer and the AOL Browser.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...I've been blogging for over eight years now.' Let's hope for many more years too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, congrats on blogging for so long. I've had that plug in on my blog for a while and I love it. I just launched a second blog and completely forgot to include it. Now, I'm headed back over there to add it. Thanks for following my blog. I love that you've made it so easy for your readers to navigate through your blog. I'm always trying to learn of new and innovative gadgets that help my blog. When you get a chance pop over to my blog. I'm hosting a prize give a way with some great prizes. The grand prize is an iPad mini.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your lovely comment Melissa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a nice feature. I had it on several of my blogs, and had sorta forgotten about it when I started my 2 latest blogs and added them somewhere during the a-z. I've often wondered if anyone actually uses them...clicks on them to read other pages? Is Caneyhead a real place?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whether anyone else uses them or not, I'm having a ball finding entries I forgot about. LOL And yes, Caneyhead is very real. It's not a town, but a community ten miles North of a little town smack dab in the Big Thicket of S.E. Texas. Some folks write it Caney Head, but I prefer to do it like we say it...all ran together.

      Delete
    2. I said this before Barbara, but I envy you your big open spaces in Texas, when many parts of the UK are built up and filled with people living on top of people. I'd like to see Texas one day....

      Delete
    3. Well, you'd have some traveling to do to see Texas. LOL If you just went one place you'd never know the rest. Very different. Plains, mountains, desert, coastline, pine forests...the Texas Tourist Bureau had a slogan that went something like "Texas...a whole nother country." We live in the pine forest about an hour and half drive from the coastline and Galveston. I do hope you can make it one day.

      Delete
    4. I'll have to check it out on google Barbara; I am a big fan of American culture, history, films especially, music especially, and food, so wherever I went in the US would be a treat for me.

      Delete
  7. So good to see you Barbara! I think you have always done a wonderful job with your blog. Are you still trying to manage it all on dial up? Thank you for stopping by. I sure hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yeah. Still on dial-up. We're so rural the only thing faster you can get is $50+ a month. And there's no way I can justify to spend that for internet access. That's okay. People in town can't walk outside in their gown. Or here a million frogs & crickets at night. I have the better bargain.

      Delete
  8. Oh, I am so grateful to you for posting this! I, too, as you so wonderfully describe, have been lost in my own blog, and thought that was just the way of it. I did notice the little thumbnails on the bottom of your posts but hadn't had time to investigate them yet. I get it now!!! So cool and a wonderful solution! I'm heading over to the link now to investigate! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! Come 'round any time. ~ Barbara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...